Monday, September 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

Pitcairn Islands map
Before getting this assignment I had no idea about Google Squared or Wolfram Alpha. Some of the educational implications for the both of them are just to broaden peoples knowledge of facts. I had no idea that the population of China and India were so great. It is very fun and interesting to search random information and find out so much about it. You could use Wolfram Alpha in your classroom if you wanted your students to become familiar with a certain topic because it gives you everything you could possibly want to know about that topic. I like the idea of using Google Squared to compare different things, such as a countries population. Before viewing all the information given to me from these websites the "Did You Know?" video was very alarming but after viewing this information the statistics do not seem as alarming because you have to think about the statistics and what they mean before letting the "scare" you. In the "Food for Thought" article I think that it is amazing that the i pad is so user friendly!

2 comments:

  1. GoogleSquared is a very classroom-friendly tool. I would definitely use it in my classroom. It really helps to put things into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Wolfram Alpha and Google squared are what I would call knowledge organizers. Its like searching in HD. SS

    ReplyDelete