Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blog Post 8

This is How We Dream





In this video it is very evident to me that I am not ready to write using multimedia nor am I ready to teach students how to do this. I do however think that I will be one day. It is already very clear to me that I will not make a good teacher unless I am able to do this and I am up for the challenge. Children in schools now are already exposed to so much more technology than I was when I was in school. I think that the possibilities that we have with technology are endless and the different ways that it can be used in schools excites me and makes me look forward to learning more about how to use this great resource we have!

EDM 310 for Dummies and The Chipper Series

I love how this video was made as an infomercial, how clever. The video definitely showed how I felt about the class at first. This class can be very overwhelming if you don't keep up with your work, but if you do and you work on learning how to do each of the assignments you can really learn a whole lot about using technology. I have loved learning about different things that are available to us such as Google Docs and Forms. I would have never known how easy it could be to take a survey and gather the results if I had not learned about Forms.
The Chipper Series was funny to me. I think that it was a great way to get the point across about turning your work in on time.

Critiques of Smartboards
In the two articles that we read about the uselessness of smartboards they were both saying pretty much the same things. These interactive whiteboards do not bring enough to the classroom to justify spending thousands of dollars on them. I think that this is true unless you have a teacher that truly embraces the technology and spends lots of time coming up with lessons that allow the students to use the smartboards to their full potential. In the website Teachers Love Smartboards there is so much information about using a smartboard. This site has lesson plans divided in to grades and subjects and different games that can be played. All of the information on this site really shows how useful and educational smartboards can be in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth,

    I love your honesty! Even though I feel more technologically literate than before I took EDM, I know I can learn so much more! As we continue to learn and evolve, we will be ready to teach our students. I think our attitudes make all the difference. We have to be willing to accept changes and incorporate new technology to better our students. You are doing a great job in the class, and I cannot wait to see you improve even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Elizabeth

    I do agree that most of us are not ready to write using multimedia, but we need to be ready to do this. The EDM310 class has been very stressful for me also. I think that you have written a very good post.

    ReplyDelete